13 Nov 2014

One small step for girl.

One small step for girl, one giant leap for
Toddler. Lunch is fine for some
But I must climb these stairs.
Its destiny.

These cheese and pickle sandwiches are poor.
There's art upstairs, you must come
See. I want to know whats there
We need to see.

Who cares about lunch? I'd rather explore.
For who knows what I'll become,
Staying here on this chair
Will not help me.

Its not far now
I hear it call.
It does not care
I may be small.
I know not how
Or why or what,
Just climb these stairs
It'll be forgot.
For I must see
And I must go
To near the sky
Not down below.
Its time to leave
Its time to see
I will be peeved
I need to flee.

1 comment:

  1. I like the different meters you have used here however for improvement maybe you should stick to just one meter. ie - Iambic Pentameter

    ReplyDelete